In the last couple of weeks, we have spoken about many ways to get motivated on Mondays. Today we would like to give you a tool to help you hold on to your motivating and encouraging thoughts.
All of us experience anxiety, depression or negativity and sometimes we fall down and that is ok, as long as we get back up again… and when we do, we need to hold onto the positive thoughts and feelings!
Today, we would like to chat to you about AFFIRMATIONS.
Now, before we start, affirmations cannot and will not work if you say (and repeat) something you do not believe and can NOT get yourself to believe. Our advice?
*** Go for the NEXT BEST FEELING ***
Let’s use a practical (and personal) example:
Let’s say you are feeling depressed, negative and anxious because you are extremely unhappy in your job. Unfortunately you cannot tell yourself/use the affirmation of “I am happy in my job” (It will not work, because you don’t believe it). Let’s try another affirmation: “I have a new job and excited to start” – You can’t say that either, because once again… you don’t believe it.
Rather say/use an affirmation that is “THE NEXT BEST FEELING”, because the Universe responds to your feelings and emotions, and you create your reality out of your feelings and emotions, just as much as your thoughts. So what could be the “NEXT BEST FEELING”?
“I am in the process of finding my dream job, I am excited!” – Could this work better? Do you believe this statement/affirmation more? How does it make you feel?
Let’s take a closer “look” at AFFIRMATIONS. An Affirmation is the process of thinking a thought to bring your desires, goals and wishes firmly into reality. Thinking about what you want, believing and having it materialise.
Our thoughts create the basis of our decisions, which determine our actions, which create our realities. So what you think and believe about yourself (desires/dreams/goals/wishes) is what you will see in your reality.
The process of AFFIRMATIONS:
- Affirmations are written in the PRESENT MOMENT (e.g. “I will be happy” – tells your mind that one day you will be happy. “I am happy” – your subconscious mind start working overtime to make this happen NOW.
- Commit to your affirmations every day.
- Whilst saying your affirmations, visualize how “it will be” and how you will feel. Try to hold this feeling with you throughout the day.
- Affirmations only manifest if you stand in integrity throughout the process.
- ALWAYS say and state your affirmations in the positive and the present.
- Focus on the things you want (not what you don’t want!!)
- When the opportunity presents itself take the next step and take inspired action.
Examples of powerful AFFIRMATIONS:
- I deserve to be loved and to love.
- The Universe (God/Higher Power/Angels) has/have my back.
- Money flows to me easily and frequently.
- I am willing to let go.
- I welcome miracles into my life.
- I choose to see through the lens of love.
- I welcome new ideas.
- I am excited about being fit and healthy.
- I am excited about living a healthy lifestyle.
- Love is all there is.
- Life is good.
- I love and approve of myself.
So what powerful AFFIRMATIONS could you add to your day to get you programmed to live and be the best you?
Let us know in the comments!